Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New Fan Song: Queentessenza - It's A Hard Life

forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Mar 07, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Folks, here is a new addition to the Stage Of Champions. "It's A Hard Life" has not been on the stage of champions before.

Also, Aric submitted a new version of Killer Queen, the old version was deleted.

Enjoy:)

I do not want any google ads here.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 26 Mar 07, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another version from Aric? Is that the third version of KQ he's done now?

Anyway, onto IAHL.

Interesting start, falling into a familiar sounding arrangement. Sounds nice! Nice clean guitar, bar ALL of the distorted guitars. They really felt a bit overly compressed, even dull. I kept missing the bass. And the backing vox seemed a bit dull.

The singer's voice reminds me of some ABBA-esque vocal delivery and even the sound of it, at times. Pretty good stuff overall. The drums were nice, but I also kept thinking there was something a bit muddy/blurry about the other things in the mix (not the lead vocal).

Would it seem really big-headed to ask if I can do some kind of remix? I feel this all sounds well recorded that it just needs some areas re-done. Ah well, see what you feel.

Adam.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 07, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very nice piano, and the vocal is wonderful. The bass doesn't cut the mustard imo. But brill version, I like it.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 07, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also like it very much, the drums sound good and so do the vocals.

I couldn't even hear there was a bass. Maybe it is masked by other the kick drum?

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)