forum rss feed
Author

radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Mar 07, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's all I wanted to say.

Reason:

-Too many silly topics. ('When did Freddie die'?, Where is Freddie burned, I saw and heard Queen on television / radio yesterday in a commercial)

please look at forums of other bands, Queen fans (not all of them of course) are pretty strange people...

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 07, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You needed 3 topics to tell us this? :)

MY GOD spell it write.
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 07, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenzone has a bunch of little kids who don't even know what a 'single' is... and download their music off of limewire. It's pathetic people don't realize what the demo of Love Me Like There's No Tomorrow sounds like, as well as the demo of Living On My Own, and I'm talking about the pathetic youtube video with them mixed together.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 28 Mar 07, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queenzone today is a bunch of people ALWAYS trying to be smart and fighting for the championship of "more smart and funny qzoner"...

Queen rocks!
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 07, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*azzadude* wrote:

.*.Messenger: Jake Pyndle.*. wrote:

Queenzone has a bunch of little kids who don't even know what a 'single' is... and download their music off of limewire. It's pathetic people don't realize what the demo of Love Me Like There's No Tomorrow sounds like, as well as the demo of Living On My Own, and I'm talking about the pathetic youtube video with them mixed together.

I do agree with you on your first part, how ever what about the older people who don’t have access to demos? Or live in places where it’s hard to get music of that calibre. I mean most of this would come of the net nowadays, but say you don’t have the net? You might be going to your local library for net use to which you may not be able to download music ect ect. Iv been in to queen since I was three and have heaps of stuff. I even have the “Live Kills” single on vinyl, but no demos, so there is valid reason as to why true fans of that nature don’t have access nor have heard certain demos. So to dismiss it as being pathetic not to hear demos is probably in my mind not very diplomatic as we may not be as fortunate as some to gain access to this.

My God, if someone can't access eBay, I feel sorry for them! Why not buy the FM Boxset? And besides, those demos sound pretty similar to the released product.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
marcenciels user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 07, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well, being new here for new info's is my first idear or need.

so i bypass what i dont need to know. like Freddie's mustache;-)

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 28 Mar 07, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wasn´t talking about you azzadude... not at all...

im talking about everyone...

By the way, thanks for showing respect :)

P.

Queen rocks!
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 28 Mar 07, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love the quote in your signature, *azzadude*.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

You needed 3 topics to tell us this? :)

It's called irony.
;)

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think QZ has changed because there is too much division so understandably people clash with others. I would elaborate but I can't help but get the feeling my oppinion isn't valued very highly on the QZ sharemarket (and that's no skin off my nose)

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually it's declined because there are too many people who know SFA about Queen or anything else and are all too happy to share their ignorance on this board.

You know, good times are now.
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ prophet's song - could you elaborate?

Richard has always wanted to create a space for all interests. The website still has a lot of merits and it's the users who must make the forums a place to enjoy. Unfortunately, the trolls and idiots are always the loudest and the reasonable posters get tired of discussing with them. Years ago it was impossible that a troll called a regular bad names and nobody interfered. Today, it's almost the rule. So, people should not be surprised if the regulars give up on the board when there is no loyalty from the community.

I do not want any google ads here.

buderhin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 223 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We should use a Forum with PHPBB. The Queenzone Forum is in my Opinion a "anonymous" Forum. There are very much people here. We have no Post-Counters and so on.

But yes, its strange here xD

I had a dream
Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As a visitor of queenzone for 2years and 6 months i have seen changes on the board but isn't that expected?? people move on and then come back pretty normal in my book, i for one have come to respect a few guys on here.

They are john stuart, serry, your valentine and queen archivist why??? because these guys now their stuff when it comes to queen and solo stuff, and the amount of time and dedication that they pursue with great detail must be applauded.

Personally the questions i hate seeing is like for example "what if blah + blah blah seem to fill the board with nonsense, where as a question like queen2 + sheer heart attack rise or retreat gets opinions and thoughts really going.

Just my opinion though and i think a bit of diplomacy is needed especially with the young ones with their questions as they are starting out getting into the band whereas others like myself have been followers for twenty years plus, and they need to be giving some respect which has been lacking some what of late.

One more thing is there any chance we can have a sticky for you tube clips like they do on queenonline it would make all the clips more accessible>

Cheers.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen related YouTube clips?

I do not want any google ads here.

Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes YV Queen related sorry forgot to add that in!!!.

Cheers.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

val 29467 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree, I used to be on queenzone everyday, but I only read the queenzone newsletter these days

but you don't give me comfort and a man's gotta get it somewhere -brian may

i'll give you comfort brian XD
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

Years ago it was impossible that a troll called a regular bad names and nobody interfered. Today, it's almost the rule. So, people should not be surprised if the regulars give up on the board when there is no loyalty from the community.

What most people criticize QZ for are things that have always been the case: inane or repetitive topics, too many teenagers, etc. That's always been an issue on QZ and one that people dealt with fine.

But YV has identified the major difference between the QZ of old and the QZ of today. There are too many angry posters who throw around insults at the drop of a hat. This causes any intelligent person looking for a fun discussion to want to avoid QZ. The other day, in a seemingly quaint thread, one of our resident idiots called someone a "cunt" simply because they had different musical tastes. Years ago, users would not have tolerated this; today, a few spoke out only to be insulted themselves while the idiot continued posting. When QZ is full of angry people who throw out death threats or nasty names, which seem to be a larger proportion of teenagers than others, users leave.

I, myself, visit QZ less than I used to. After all, who willingly visits a site where they might be called a "bitch, "cunt," "worthless," or "cesspool" just because their opinion differs from yours?

DJ's the man we love the most
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni wrote:

YourValentine wrote:

Years ago it was impossible that a troll called a regular bad names and nobody interfered. Today, it's almost the rule. So, people should not be surprised if the regulars give up on the board when there is no loyalty from the community.

What most people criticize QZ for are things that have always been the case: inane or repetitive topics, too many teenagers, etc. That's always been an issue on QZ and one that people dealt with fine.

But YV has identified the major difference between the QZ of old and the QZ of today. There are too many angry posters who throw around insults at the drop of a hat. This causes any intelligent person looking for a fun discussion to want to avoid QZ. The other day, in a seemingly quaint thread, one of our resident idiots called someone a "cunt" simply because they had different musical tastes. Years ago, users would not have tolerated this; today, a few spoke out only to be insulted themselves while the idiot continued posting. When QZ is full of angry people who throw out death threats or nasty names, which seem to be a larger proportion of teenagers than others, users leave.

I, myself, visit QZ less than I used to. After all, who willingly visits a site where they might be called a "bitch, "cunt," "worthless," or "cesspool" just because their opinion differs from yours?

there are a lot of decent kids on here,but yes you are right with what you say,one bad apple spoils the batch.i am an old fossil compared to most on here and i don't like the behaviour of one or two of the teenage trolls sometimes but without an authority figure they know they can get away with what they write.
im all for freedom of speech but you have to draw a line somewhere.using the C word or calling someone a F...ING moron is not on in a civilised society and shouldn't be allowed here.

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 07, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know it's not a popular solution but there should be many (10+) moderators who would keep this forum clean. Yeah, freedom of speech is nice but I'm sick of various teen / nonsense / irrelevant posts that QueenZone is full of. Useful information in this forum is buried under loads of bullshit.

In some sense the QueenOnline forum is better. And I never thought I would ever say this...

I'm not talking about censorship, I'm talking about deleting nonsense and/or offtopic posts and trying to avoid flame wars and personal attacks.

[But nothing is black or white - thanks to QZ I'm slowly improving my knowledge of English :) Five years ago my English was shit, now it's only so-so and perhaps in five years I will be able to speak properly ;-]