Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: Queen "The Champions" DVD (torrent)

forum rss feed
Author

Manuel Benes user not visiting Queenzone.com
Manuel Benes
Champion: 90 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, here is my first Torrent. Hope everything works!

PLEASE DON'T DOWNLOAD THE FIRST TORRENT, IT DOES NOT WORK. THE CORRECT TORRENT IS AT THE END OF PAGE ONE IN THIS THREAD!!
(If you still want to download it due to the fact that is not the best quality available).

This is a DVD i made out of the mpeg-files i downloaded here on queenzone. I have no idea if there is already a DVD out there to download, i couldn't find one here!

Converted the files with DVD-Lab, made a little DVD-menu and added a nice backing-track to the menu.

The Picture and Sound-Quality is not bad, but due to the fact that it is a 1980's Video-source not compareable to modern standards. There where 5 mpeg-files, so i made 5 segments to choose from the DVD-Menu, each of them split in to several chapters. They where made automatically by the programm!

Running Time: approx. 48 min. PAL
Audio: MPEG 2.0 192 Kbps
File Size: approx. 1 GB

Hope that some of you can use it!

Rock On - DeeJay B.

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: the_champions_dvd.torrent 39 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 159 time(s).

One great big eye

Has a focus in your direction
Manuel Benes

Some screenshots now:

Attachment: screen1.jpg 63 KB
This has been downloaded 404 time(s).

One great big eye

Manuel Benes

Another one:

Attachment: screen2.jpg 59 KB
This has been downloaded 223 time(s).

One great big eye

Manuel Benes

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And a classic one:

Attachment: screen3.jpg 64 KB
This has been downloaded 220 time(s).

One great big eye

928 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 404 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

4 things

1..You didn't make a DVD ,you made a bloated lossy mpeg file from the lossy mpegs and put it on a Disc that is in DVD standard for a DVD player to play it.
They were lossy mpeg files to start..they will always be lossy mpeg files.

2..You have created another stage of lossyness by the conversion to the bloat.
They were best left as they were and put onto a CD.Why...because they were VCDs

3..People who download this lossy creation of yours will now infect the trading pool by passing it off as a DVD because they know as much as you do.

4..PRATT!!!

We just get people to realize the benefits of lossless on the audio front & then you come along....cheers

« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry but that sounds just a bit too ungrateful. Yeah sure he has created yet another lossy DVD but at least he's sharing something some may find interesting. I know that some like to watch these clips on DVD for whatever reason so this isn't that useless.

Thanks for sharing!

Manuel Benes

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all thanks for your nice words. you make me feel really welcome here. heard a lot of rumours about queenzone and the always nice people here yelling and swearing to each other all the time.

but after some years now and some very funny, sometimes disturbing post i saw here this proves again that the rumours are more than true.

So, i'm no expert on making a dvd. And i really appreciate your comments about my work on the original files. I know now that i did it wrong.
All i wanted to do is that the files can be watched by everyone with a dvd-player.

I never posted a torrent here before. But i downloaded a lot in the last years. I never converted flac-files into mp3. I always keep my torrents online as long as my bandwith allows it. i also made some covers for everyone to use. and now i wanted to post something new here.

And if to bluster is all you can understand here - stick your pratt where the sun don't shine!

One great big eye

Gregoryvincke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 111 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are stupid!

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i mean mister 928 is stupid!

Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good to see your site is back ;-D

"enter english
(not available Jet?) hehe... Yet ;-)

This DVD is indeed lossy but don't worry, thanks for sharing anyway.

PS: this was originally SVCD, not VCD.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I´ve missed the SVCD, so this is really appreciated. Thanks!
One thing is good- You´ve kept the lineage of what you´ve donne to that video, this way we know what we´re downloading.

Take care

* adventure seeker * user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mister 928, can i sak y u have to bite his head off? no one can post anything these days without sumone bein a bitch, so what if he has done that, at least hes havin a go, grow up :~)

adventure seecker

'he was the son of a whore'
Manic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Manuel, thanks for the effort. I'm sure some who haven't seen the files will appreciate it.

928 - Grow up and stop trying to earn a reputation. Nobody thinks you are fighting an honourable battle to educate. Most think, quite rightly, you are a stupid, ignorant prick.

These "lossy" files you hate so much are for Queen fans to enjoy, not trade. If you don't want to download, don't say anything.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18628 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 16:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregoryvincke wrote:

Yeah, and it's brilliantly intelligent people like you who are helping the lossy files circulate, because you don't know the difference between good and bad quality.

Bobby_brown wrote:

One thing is good- You´ve kept the lineage of what you´ve donne to that video, this way we know what we´re downloading.

This is very true. But still, this version should be taken down, and shared as the 2-SVCD set it originally was. Passing this off as a DVD is like painting a silver necklace gold, and saying it's a gold necklace.

* adventure seeker * wrote:

mister 928, can i sak y u have to bite his head off? no one can post anything these days without sumone bein a bitch, so what if he has done that, at least hes havin a go, grow up :~)

First, please learn to speak English. I had to read that one word at a time to confirm that it was actually some form of English.

Second, if we're going to improve the quality standards at this forum (and the reputation of Queen collectors in the wider collecting world), then we need people like 928 to speak up. I'm sure he's a very nice person. He has just established himself here as being the litmus test for what is lossless and what is not. Thanks for once again being the voice of reason, even if you're still the voice that few of us want to hear. Keep it up, man!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well said Bob....!

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Gregoryvincke wrote:

Yeah, and it's brilliantly intelligent people like you who are helping the lossy files circulate, because you don't know the difference between good and bad quality.

Bobby_brown wrote:

This is very true. But still, this version should be taken down, and shared as the 2-SVCD set it originally was. Passing this off as a DVD is like painting a silver necklace gold, and saying it's a gold necklace.

* adventure seeker * wrote:

First, please learn to speak English. I had to read that one word at a time to confirm that it was actually some form of English.

Second, if we're going to improve the quality standards at this forum (and the reputation of Queen collectors in the wider collecting world), then we need people like 928 to speak up. I'm sure he's a very nice person. He has just established himself here as being the litmus test for what is lossless and what is not. Thanks for once again being the voice of reason, even if you're still the voice that few of us want to hear. Keep it up, man!

And who the fuck do you think you are..

Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gregoryvincke wrote:

And who the fuck do you think you are...

A great Queen collector, fuckwit.

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The bickering and bashing up here by the same 'great' few that uphold all that is sacred and others is ridiculous. You guys take yourselves and this whole 'thing' way too freaking seriously. It's not the end of the world, people. Why don't you focus your energy on petitioning Brian May and Queen Productions on getting them to start releasing real material that most Queen fans want??? That sounds more worthwhile than the FLAC/lossy debate and crap like that. Just because stuff that isn't FLAC is out there doesn't mean that FLAC will disappear like the polar ice caps! Again, it all comes down to this: IF YOU DON'T WANT IT, DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!!!

I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
Manuel Benes

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As i posted before, I had some trouble with my torrent-programm. So i made a new torrent and it should work now!

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: the_champions_dvd.torrent 39 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 110 time(s).

One great big eye

TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 07, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SirGH and 928 have many valid points. I just dont see why all you others dont seem to understand it too. Its quite simple really, but instead of learning i guess its easier to respond by using harsh words.....oh my