Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Song Disscussion: Fairy Feller's Master Stroke

forum rss feed
Author

louvox user not visiting Queenzone.com
Make mine a double
louvox
Bohemian: 385 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 07, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The second best song on Queen II behind "March of the black queen"


Louis

A soul for sale or rent

www.tightroperocks.com

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 07, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

best song after White Queen


"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."



(Genesis 1:1)
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 07, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is always reminds me of old summer memories.

And Napoleon Dynamite.

Definately one of the best Queen songs ever.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]



[/QUOTE]







brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Apr 07, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

louvox wrote:

The second best song on Queen II behind "March of the black queen"

so you've got a copy of 'Queen II' that hasn't got 'Nevermore' on it then?


go deo na hÉireann
louvox user not visiting Queenzone.com
Make mine a double
louvox
Bohemian: 385 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Apr 07, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

The second best song on Queen II behind "March of the black queen"

so you've got a copy of 'Queen II' that hasn't got 'Nevermore' on it then?

Too many assholes like you on this site


Louis

A soul for sale or rent

www.tightroperocks.com

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Apr 07, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

louvox wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

The second best song on Queen II behind "March of the black queen"

so you've got a copy of 'Queen II' that hasn't got 'Nevermore' on it then?

Too many assholes like you on this site

so i'm an asshole because i disagree with you? interesting theory....now would that be because

i] - someone died and made you god?
ii] - America is now telling us how to think?


go deo na hÉireann
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Apr 07, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do we have a thread for every song they ever wrote ahead of us?

Cos to be honest I think you may find that the serious answers dry up before you complete the set.

Freddies Delilah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 420 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 07, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just love this song. I still don't know any of the words - half of it still sounds like nonsense to me, but I love it! The music at the beginning and then Freddie's vocals are just brilliant. One of my favourite songs on Queen 2.


Four old ladies, still rocking away :)
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 07, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddies Delilah wrote:

I just love this song. I still don't know any of the words - half of it still sounds like nonsense to me, but I love it! The music at the beginning and then Freddie's vocals are just brilliant. One of my favourite songs on Queen 2.

how can you NOT know the words? the lyrics come with the CD


go deo na hÉireann
Freddies Delilah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 420 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Apr 07, 07:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Freddies Delilah wrote:

I just love this song. I still don't know any of the words - half of it still sounds like nonsense to me, but I love it! The music at the beginning and then Freddie's vocals are just brilliant. One of my favourite songs on Queen 2.

how can you NOT know the words? the lyrics come with the CD


I've just never taken the time to read them... *guilty grin* I mean, I know a few words ("fairy dandy tickling the fancy of his lady friend... the nymph in yellow"), but some of them just sound like pure nonsense to me :)


Four old ladies, still rocking away :)
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Apr 07, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just make up your own words. It's more fun.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Apr 07, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's Delilah:
I've just never taken the time to read them... *guilty grin* I mean, I know a few words ("fairy dandy tickling the fancy of his lady friend... the nymph in yellow"), but some of them just sound like pure nonsense to me :)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

most of it is old-english for modern-day professions (it's designed to add to the mystique of the song)
there's a teacher (Pedagogue), a horsetrainer/tender (ostler), a lecher/pervy bloke (satyr), vagabond/tramp (Tatterdemalion), junketer is less clear (it can be someone whogoes on trips excursions paid for by someone else or it could be a rag-and-bone man (someone who collects junk)
the rest are fairy names and self explanatory professions

hope this helps


go deo na hÉireann
queen4eva224 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Apr 07, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddies Delilah wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

Freddies Delilah wrote:

I just love this song. I still don't know any of the words - half of it still sounds like nonsense to me, but I love it! The music at the beginning and then Freddie's vocals are just brilliant. One of my favourite songs on Queen 2.

how can you NOT know the words? the lyrics come with the CD


I've just never taken the time to read them... *guilty grin* I mean, I know a few words ("fairy dandy tickling the fancy of his lady friend... the nymph in yellow"), but some of them just sound like pure nonsense to me :)


well i got the song off of itunes, but i still learned the words. went to a site with the lyrics. i love this song.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 02:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

she's only 13, so leave the kid alone! Fairy feller's is a great song. Original, creative, great lryics. Most know the song is about a painting freddie liked, so he wrote a song about it.

ITSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1021 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's one of Queens' finest!

It's on a really great album, but this is one of the best!

The piano is so cool...


I can't belive that any rappers haven't sampled it yet. Still waiting..


Chuck Norris never sleeps, he waits...
louvox user not visiting Queenzone.com
Make mine a double
louvox
Bohemian: 385 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

The second best song on Queen II behind "March of the black queen"

so you've got a copy of 'Queen II' that hasn't got 'Nevermore' on it then?

Too many assholes like you on this site

so i'm an asshole because i disagree with you? interesting theory....now would that be because

i] - someone died and made you god?
ii] - America is now telling us how to think?
Typical asshole response.


Louis

A soul for sale or rent

www.tightroperocks.com

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

louvox wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

The second best song on Queen II behind "March of the black queen"

so you've got a copy of 'Queen II' that hasn't got 'Nevermore' on it then?

Too many assholes like you on this site

so i'm an asshole because i disagree with you? interesting theory....now would that be because

i] - someone died and made you god?
ii] - America is now telling us how to think?
Typical asshole response.

think you shouldn't hold back so much....you will feel much better if you just come out and say what you think.....
...i used to like you loads, till you took all the cutting acerbic humour out of your act...now you're just like any other comedian without an edge ;-)


go deo na hÉireann
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Apr 07, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

louvox wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

The second best song on Queen II behind "March of the black queen"

so you've got a copy of 'Queen II' that hasn't got 'Nevermore' on it then?

Too many assholes like you on this site

so i'm an asshole because i disagree with you? interesting theory....now would that be because

i] - someone died and made you god?
ii] - America is now telling us how to think?
Typical asshole response.
your the asshole my friend!...you think just because a song or album wasn't loved in america means it's crap. Regardless of the fact that the song or album is loved throughout the rest of the world. Your a typical internet loser!

louvox user not visiting Queenzone.com
Make mine a double
louvox
Bohemian: 385 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Apr 07, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mike hunt wrote:

louvox wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

<font color=green>Bren<font color=orange>ski wrote:

louvox wrote:

The second best song on Queen II behind "March of the black queen"

so you've got a copy of 'Queen II' that hasn't got 'Nevermore' on it then?

Too many assholes like you on this site

so i'm an asshole because i disagree with you? interesting theory....now would that be because

i] - someone died and made you god?
ii] - America is now telling us how to think?
Typical asshole response.
your the asshole my friend!...you think just because a song or album wasn't loved in america means it's crap. Regardless of the fact that the song or album is loved throughout the rest of the world. Your a typical internet loser!
First you are not my friend. Second where did I say this song was not loved in USA?
Get your facts straight before you spew your venom.


Louis

A soul for sale or rent

www.tightroperocks.com

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Apr 07, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddies Delilah wrote:

I just love this song. I still don't know any of the words - half of it still sounds like nonsense to me, but I love it! The music at the beginning and then Freddie's vocals are just brilliant. One of my favourite songs on Queen 2.


Just for you, here is the words

He's a fairy feller..
the fairy folk have gathered, round the new moon's shine
To see the feller crack a nut, at night's noon time
to swing his axe he swears, as he climbs he dares
To deliver the master stroke, ploughman wagoner will' and types
Politician with senatorial pipe, He's a dilly dally oh
Pedagogue squinting wears a frown, and a satyr peers under lady's gown
He's a dirty fellow, What a dirty laddie, oh
Tatterdemalion and the junketer, there's a thief and a dragonfly trumpeter
He's my hero ah, Fairy dandy tickling the fancy
Of his lady friend, the nymph in yellow (can we see the master stroke)
What a quaere fellow

Soldier sailor tinker tailor ploughboy, waiting to hear the sound
And the arch magician presides, he is the leader
Oberon and Titania watched by a harridan
Mab is the queen and there's a good apothecary man
Come to say hello, fairy dandy tickling the fancy
Of his lady friend, the nymph in yellow
What a quaere fellow
The ostler stares with hands on his knees, come on mister feller
Crack it open if you please

Now here is the painting from Richard Dadd, called (you guessed it) Fairy Fellers Master Stroke. Its the painting that inspired Freddie to write the song.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c4/Dadd_-_Fairy_Feller%27s.jpg


"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."