forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Apr 07, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How do you like the new BM guitars? They are presented on the official website. Various colours are available and they cost between 1500 -2500 British pounds

http://www.brianmayguitars.co.uk/the-guitars

I do not want any google ads here.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 07, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barb, those are still the £500 guitars.

The £1500-2000 ones are "forthcoming attractions" at this stage.

jchensf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 07, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We have most of the guitars in stock at Audio Images. Call us at 415-957-9131.

-- Jim

James Chen

Audio Images Corporation

735 Bryant Street

San Francisco, CA 94107 USA

Tel: 415-957-9131
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 07, 23:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm really in love with my Burns...

But shit, I'd just about give it up for the baby blue one or the 3 tone sunburst!! What a look :D

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How much does it translate into US dollars?? And the question is are they going to sell it out here?? Trying to find the Burns model when they manufactured them was a nightmare!!

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
YourValentine

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Barb, those are still the £500 guitars.

The £1500-2000 ones are "forthcoming attractions" at this stage."

Oops - sorry. Does it mean they launch a new website but the new guitars are not on it ?

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bambams-paradise wrote:

How much does it translate into US dollars?? And the question is are they going to sell it out here?? Trying to find the Burns model when they manufactured them was a nightmare!!

Dude, they're selling at musician's friend. Cheaper than the UK price after some calculations.

Yes, the newer release of the BM guitars (from last year) are much better playing and sounding than the Burns. Sorry Zeb! I've got a Green burns and in comparison the weight, sound and feel aren't as polished as last years 2006 models. Still excellent sounds though.

But yeah, very interested in the recent "pro guitar" announcement. Just hope it's not too highly priced as I've recently found people on another forum that make excellent/accurate copies for under £1000.

Adam.

P.S. I'm selling my Green Special on ebay here - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190102641265&rd=1&rd=1

If you check my other listings you'll find a Vox AD60vt amp that would go well with it!

MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 12:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Musician's Friend is selling them at a sarting price of $799.00 I hope Guitar Center starts selling them. I have a hard time buying a new guitar sight unseen online. Anyway, I am extreemly happy w/ my 2004 Burns model in Gloss Black. Its very sleek & sexy & plays better then my Strat or my LP.

"Take care of those you call your own"
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm always suspect of a "signature" guitar. Adam, how does this compare to the Guild? If they're on Musician's Friend, it's only a matter of time before my Guitar Center gets one. But after the burns, is it worth a look? Or is just another "like Brian May" guitar. I just never liked the tone of the Burns from strum one. Sounded like a Jackson.

Like the new BM AC30. Are we not just paying $100 per letter (in Brian's name) for a new circuited Solid State/tube combo?

I was able to sell my Digitech Pedal while the "hype" was still on. Can't believe they still want $200 for that one.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never played a Guild so wouldn't know. I've heard various samples and I guess it sounds good. And I can only guess that the BM guitars can't compare with the Guild. For those wanting more from their Burns or BM-sig guitars, you might wanna try Adesons in your guitars.

For those that don't know, the Adeson pickups are a 100% recreation of the original Burns Trisonics. And yes, they are supposed to be better than the recent Burns Trisonics own recreations!! If you're interested in this, go to the BrianMayWorld.com site and check the forum for peoples posted samples. They love adesons and everyone uses them in their own RS copies.
I guess I was unlucky cause when I tried them in mine, they squealed like hell. Ugh... But the guy who makes them was very happy to help when I mentioned my troubles. Even to the final point where he gave me a refund after I had tried all I could. They sounded smooth, but I don't really have a full picture of what they sounded like. I'm still intrigued by them!

Adam.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 07, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a big believer in getting what you pay for, and as such I believe the Guild's are a much better guitar than the Burns. First off, production costs were much lower for the Burns, so I'm unsure how having cheaper electronics, wood, R&D, etc. contributes to a significantly more affordable guitar being a better instrument. It's like a $15,000 Hyundai being a better ride than a $40,000 Mercedes. The Guild's were tremendously well received when the came out in '84 and '93, and rightfully so. I like the looks of the Guild much more also, don't look as cheap, but the Burns seems suitable for a Brian clone at an affordable price.

You know, good times are now.
bobo the chimp

Posted: 17 Apr 07, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Yes, the newer release of the BM guitars (from last year) are much better playing and sounding than the Burns. Sorry Zeb! I've got a Green burns and in comparison the weight, sound and feel aren't as polished as last years 2006 models. Still excellent sounds though."

Damn!
Myself.... gaw, if I had the dough, I'd definitely chase up one of these things. I'll have to wait a while I guess.

"I just never liked the tone of the Burns from strum one. Sounded like a Jackson."

Really??? Hmmm!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Last Cyborg user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 149 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 07, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm trying to come up with a definitive list of what colour/hardware/pickguard variants have been available in the Burns Brian May / "Brian May Brian May" range, but I can't seem to find much decent information.. does anyone know any sites or anything that lists that sort of stuff??

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 07, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you tried Brianmaycentral? There's an owner's list on there.

jchensf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 07, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We received four of the baby blue Brian May guitars and only have one left. It's a beautiful guitar that is baby blue with gold hardware and a white pearloid pickguard. It looks like a guitar that Prince would play or one that came straight from the heavens.

-- Jim
Audio Images
415-957-9131

James Chen

Audio Images Corporation

735 Bryant Street

San Francisco, CA 94107 USA

Tel: 415-957-9131
bobo the chimp

Posted: 18 Apr 07, 23:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jchensf wrote:

We received four of the baby blue Brian May guitars and only have one left. It's a beautiful guitar that is baby blue with gold hardware and a white pearloid pickguard. It looks like a guitar that Prince would play or one that came straight from the heavens.

-- Jim
Audio Images
415-957-9131

Damn you for being far away!!

YourValentine

Posted: 19 Apr 07, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Last Cyborg

check

http://www.redspecial.info/

Legy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 433 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 07, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When the Guilds were first released, Guitar Center sold them for $1500.00. Then a few years later I saw one for $800.00, BRAND NEW TOO! Around 1999 the prices sky rocketed. I remember the Guitar Center in Hollywood, California had a green Guild and a red Guild and they were selling for $3,000, each.

Now the Burns will be collectors items due to them having the Burns name on the headstock. They won't be as expensive as the Guilds are but they will go up in price.

The new BHMs, if they come to fruition, will be pretty much what the Guilds were, with hopefully a few updates. Price wise we're looking at $2,000 - $2,700 here in the States. The prices might be higher in the first few months then they'll drop, pretty much what Burns USA did.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope so, because that's a serious price-tag. The last few Brian May items have really been just toys really. The Deacy amp, the footpedal, I was starting to wonder what's next? Hairy picks?

I am told a US dealer cost would be around $1700, which is what I'm planning on doing. But I want to see it first this time! Sold my Burns for what I paid for it, but it was such a waste of time.

NTL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

artemismoon wrote:

When the Guilds were first released, Guitar Center sold them for $1500.00. Then a few years later I saw one for $800.00, BRAND NEW TOO! Around 1999 the prices sky rocketed. I remember the Guitar Center in Hollywood, California had a green Guild and a red Guild and they were selling for $3,000, each.

Are you sure that was for the BHM Pro? Ive got a copy of Guitar World or Player from '94 and they are advertised in there for around $3000

Ive got a Guild '92 Prototype exactly the same as the one on the Brixton vid (Headlong/Love Token) except in the normal red colour. Wonder how much Id get for that? Any Offers?

I love you for your mind baby give me your body.