Forums > Queen - General Discussion > "You and I" featured on Virgin Media

forum rss feed
Author

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 07, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, I'm not usually one to post these kind of things, but this was interesting because of the song they used.

I was looking through the on-demand tv to catch up on yesterday's Daily Show and suddenly I hear a familar song. It's only Queen's "You and I"! It was nice to hear that because it was such a rare song to hear being used. So, who's the fan behind that?! lol Cause let's face it, any passing fan would use a well known hit. Never heard Y&I being used.

For those VM users that want to catch it, it was part of some romantic movies compilation. It's part of the cycling adverts on their interactive on-demand section. I waited to see what the advert was and it didn't show up again. Aww... It may have been BBC related. But I could be wrong.

Adam.

EDIT: Hah! I saw it again. It's advertising all the "tv choice" on-demand stuff they have. It came after an aussie themed ad which showed Kylie and Holly Valance in it.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 07, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cool... that's something fresh to hear!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 07, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You and I should have been a single. It's a great song.