Forums > Personal > The Essence Of You.

forum rss feed
Author

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So what makes you... You?

If you had to say one thing about yourself what would that be?

Do you think that is different from what others would say?

I just wonder how easy it is to have a better perception of yourself then others have. Which may or may not be justified. I mean in all honesty people just may not know you.

Which brings up another question...

Do you honestly care what people think about you? Not that "I am different and I dont care" pre-teen shit, but honestly you just dont care.. You are your own person and are just comfortable with being by yourself, sometimes even more then with others?

Discuss.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm about to fart.

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

I'm about to fart.

You're a fart?! :-O

That's a first. :-)

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no, I said I was about to.

If I cared about what others think of me, I could always get a My Space page and compare how many friends I have. I say what's on my mind and don't try to "fit in" with the crowd. Uniqueness is what makes us the most interesting creatures on the planet next to lemurs. That and opposable thumbs.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am pretty sure that my opinion about myself is better than other peoples' opinion, I believe that's normal. Surely, we could not live with ourselves very well if we did not think well about ourselves:)

I take criticism seriously and always contemplate the possibilty that the other person is right and I am wrong. If I think that criticism is valid I change my attitude or behaviour, accordingly. However, my fundamental ethics and principles are not up for debate, I have spent many years of studying and learning to establish my ethical code.

What other people think about me affects me but only if I respect these people. I could not care less about what immature, superficial, stupid, uncaring, rude, ill-mannered and cynical people think about me.

That's a very interesting topic.

I do not want any google ads here.

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

So what makes you... You?

If you had to say one thing about yourself what would that be?

Do you think that is different from what others would say?

I just wonder how easy it is to have a better perception of yourself then others have. Which may or may not be justified. I mean in all honesty people just may not know you.

Which brings up another question...

Do you honestly care what people think about you? Not that "I am different and I dont care" pre-teen shit, but honestly you just dont care.. You are your own person and are just comfortable with being by yourself, sometimes even more then with others?

Discuss.

nice question ;-]
what makes me..me hmm?
im 37 and still say im different and i dont care,so its not just a preteen thing.i just get on with it and say sod it to anyone who wont let me be me and try to restrict my way of life.i can be difficult to fathom out to start with because of my height and demeanour,i like to party and can come across as intimidating to start with until people get to know me for who i am and not for the hardcore wrestler i look like.
apparantely a 6ft 7in and 16st pierced freak intimidates others ive been told.
but generally im just like Bagpuss now.tatty and a bit loose at the seams :-]

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

I take criticism seriously and always contemplate the possibilty that the other person is right and I am wrong.

That's just absolutely wrong.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll think about that, Mr. Jingles :)

I do not want any google ads here.

.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A very interesting question, and one that's not easy to answer.

Maybe I'll try later.

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

You see, people who worry about being comfortable with themselves and being able to behave a certain way around other people and blame others for "not knowing them" - I don't think they get it. It's not the world's job to observe you. I am always "really me" - and since I cannot change that, I give in to it and accept it, so I don't live my life doing only half of what I wanted just because I was afraid of what I named the "real me" - but was, in reality, a fantasy created to justify certain actions in my life.

Well, you see, sometimes I find I can't be myself eg. dress style when I'm around people from my religion. I just can't be. I've tried, and I found it very hard. They don't seem to accept it. I don't totally dismiss everything of me when I'm around them. I just simply tone it down. I wish I didn't have to do that though.

I come from a "ghetto" area shall we say. I'm nothing like the "ghetto" you know, the attitude and dress code. You either are that or you aren't "normal" to them. Which I find disgusting.

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You see, people who worry about being comfortable with themselves and being able to behave a certain way around other people and blame others for "not knowing them" - I don't think they get it. It's not the world's job to observe you. I am always "really me" - and since I cannot change that, I give in to it and accept it, so I don't live my life doing only half of what I wanted just because I was afraid of what I named the "real me" - but was, in reality, a fantasy created to justify certain actions in my life.

Well, you see, sometimes I find I can't be myself eg. dress style when I'm around people from my religion. I just can't be. I've tried, and I found it very hard. They don't seem to accept it. I don't totally dismiss everything of me when I'm around them. I just simply tone it down. I wish I didn't have to do that though.

I come from a "ghetto" area shall we say. I'm nothing like the "ghetto" you know, the attitude and dress code. You either are that or you aren't "normal" to them. Which I find disgusting.

can you explain the "ghetto" situation in a bit more detail please,you've got me curious to exactly what you mean by that?
jox

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To describe myself in simpliest form, I'd have to say I'm complicated.

So complicated I don't even understand myself.

Either digusting or pathetic.

And I don't know how people percieve me.

So I just have to keep my mind open for every possibility. It's rather confusing.

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

joxerthemightypirate wrote:

can you explain the "ghetto" situation in a bit more detail please,you've got me curious to exactly what you mean by that?
jox

Well, I prefer not to go in to too much detail about it. All I shall say is..... You get these weird looks, like you are a bad person for dressing the way you choose to dress. Sometimes you can deal with it alright. Some days it becomes less easier.

I don't want to be or look a certain way to fit in. That's why I choose not to be like everyone else here and be my own, the way I want to be.

I never say anything to those who bad mouth me. I never bad mouth them back. I don't see the point and what you will benefit from that. I never make anyone feel they can't be themselves around me. I never tell some chav to quit being a chav because I don't agree with it. Because I'm not one myself. So why should people be that way towards me? Is that kind of clearer now to you? :)

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Kelly: Yeah, I see what you are saying. I agree with you. I just wish things were different. :-)

JoxerTheDeityPirate

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

joxerthemightypirate wrote:

jox

Well, I prefer not to go in to too much detail about it. All I shall say is..... You get these weird looks, like you are a bad person for dressing the way you choose to dress. Sometimes you can deal with it alright. Some days it becomes less easier.

I don't want to be or look a certain way to fit in. That's why I choose not to be like everyone else here and be my own, the way I want to be.

I never say anything to those who bad mouth me. I never bad mouth them back. I don't see the point and what you will benefit from that. I never make anyone feel they can't be themselves around me. I never tell some chav to quit being a chav because I don't agree with it. Because I'm not one myself. So why should people be that way towards me? Is that kind of clearer now to you? :)

hi,yes a lot clearer now and im 100% with you on that.stick to your guns,girl.never conform :-]

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know how they always say, "Be yourself and people will like you for who you are" ?
That never seems to work for me.
Some of my schoolmates can't look past the Queen, David Bowie and Rocky Horror Picture Show aspects of me.
:S

Back whenever
Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What makes me me?

Well.....

I am kind, polite, helpful, considerate, caring, patient, hard-working, positive, loving, helpful, charming, genial, compassionate, forgiving and many more.

QueenTaylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3881 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nathan wrote:

What makes me me?

Well.....

I am kind, polite, helpful, considerate, caring, patient, hard-working, positive, loving, helpful, charming, genial, compassionate, forgiving and many more.

Yes you are :D!!! : )

"May you all have champagne for breakfast." (: http://theroyalqueenspad.queenzone.com/
MeganEnright user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a cool post!

Sooooo what DOES make me ... me? I wish I knew. I suppose I'm at a stage in my life where I'm just trying to figure out who I am and what I stand for. I think I'm sort of hard to figure out. I'm really quiet and shy and I think that makes me somehow less approachable. But, trust me, I'm a pretty cool person once you get to know me! What I do know is that I think very highly of myself, most of the time at least, and I'm always right (or I like to think that I am). I'm very impatient and can have a pretty nasty temper if you get me riled up. I'm very sarcastic and sometimes even a bit cynical. I worry easily and have to plan everything ages in advance. I think of things differently than most people do and I would never change my opinions or morals to be percieved in a specific way. I DO care what other people think of me but not in an annoying superficial way. I want to be respected by my peers and lead a reputable life. However, I'm not going to shop at certain stores or hang out with specific people just to be accepted by a bunch of materialistic idiots.

Quite honestly, I love being by myself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hermit or a social outcast by any means. I just see my friends and family so much throughout the day that I REALLY value the time I get to spend alone. I love meeting new people and talking with my buds but after a while it all gets so overwhelming that I just need to chill out and be left alone!

Overall I'd say I'm pretty happy with who I am. I do have days when I doubt myself or feel as though I'm doing something wrong. But when I look around and see how much worse off I could be I just stop and think that I am grateful to be who I am ... even If I don't really know who that is! lol.

QueenTaylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3881 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 07, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miami Vice wrote:

<b><font color="sky blue">taylormad101 wrote:

Nathan wrote:

What makes me me?

Well.....

Yes you are :D!!! : )
Taylormad is such a nice girl.

aww thanx Miami..your a nice guy :D!!

"May you all have champagne for breakfast." (: http://theroyalqueenspad.queenzone.com/