Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Plenty of Young People Like Queen

forum rss feed
Author

MeganEnright user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Apr 07, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know something? You just made a really valid point! Half of my friends HATE Queen. Honestly though, I don't care. We never agree when it comes to music!

It's this thing called ... "diversity." lol

Gratzi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 594 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 07, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

I've seen a couple other people with Queen T-Shirts.

Oh! Oh! Me too! (but only at school! - that's something too I guess!) :D

'Known for the hugeness of my gong' - Roger
MeganEnright user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 07, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One more thing...
Liking Queen has actually introduced me to a lot of new people. Like all of you guys! Just the other day in school, I saw this kid wearing a Queen T-shirt in the library. I just walked over to him and said "I see you like Queen?" and we had a good long conversation! We're pretty good friends now! So, I KNOW that a lot of young people like Queen!

markaw user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 07, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Without wishing to sound like your Grandad-I'm old enough to remember getting into Alice Cooper in 1970 (Schools Out) -my first yr at senior school, along wth Bowie, Deep Purple, Sweet, T-Rex and Queen following the much vaunted appearance on TOTP-my mother thought I'd 'turned' because suddenly a few posters appeared on my bedroom wall amongst others that showed men wearing make up-SHOCK HORROR!! At school I thinkthere were 3 of us who took up the Queen mantle-remembering all the music papers slagged them off and we (3) got some severe taunting -me I was off down the shop to buy the new Queen album...II & I coz pocket money had been saved (new album then £2.00!!!)
In fact me and my mates took to the white silk scarves thing aka II, getting our hair cut similar to FM or JD. Hey just get on with the enjoyment of some seriously excellent sounds and don't be fazed by the numpty's.
Best wishes

Some day one day....we'll come home
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 07, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Most of my friends are in to "old" music anyway. So I rarely have this problem. With the few friends that only like recent music, I don't argue with them or anything about it. We respect each others taste and that's that.

queen4eva224 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 07, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ZeppyQueen wrote:

This is all true. BUT, some people wear or listen to Queen because they're posers, and they think it's cool. I see a person wearing a Queen shirt, I come up to her and ask her about it (if she DOES like Queen) and she goes "Nope. I just like the shirt" But other than that, I totally agree. :D

yeah, that annoys me. i went to school at the beginning of the year wearing a queen shirt that i got from target, feeling very proud of it, when i was, literally, six other people with the shirt on. it's not that i don't like other queen lovers, (i mean, hello, im talking to u guys, aren't i?)i just don't like people buying the shirt because they "liked the way it looked". ugh. that's the most annoying thing ever.
i do wish i could meet another queen fanatic at my school. it's fun talking to u guys, and it'd just be great to go on about queen in person. yup.

Freddies Delilah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 420 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know, Charles, you have a very good point. I haven't really met any people my age that like Queen (then again, over here in Singapore, I haven't really met anyone that likes Queen as much as I do or will talk about them with me), but I'm well on my way to 'converting' one of my best friends :D I've really had a lot more good Queen experiences than bad ones, though I absolutely hate it when people mistake all of them for being gay and sit there acting like it's totally disgusting. That annoys me no end

Four old ladies, still rocking away :)
val 29467 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Two of my friends like Queen. Then I have five friends who like a few songs, three of the who didn't like Queen before, but now two have Radio Gaga on their Mp3 player and one has Bohemian Rhapsody and the Love Kills remix from Lover of Life, Singer of Songs. She'd get more points for the real song, but it's a start :p
But as far as I know, I'm the only one at school with a Queen shirt

but you don't give me comfort and a man's gotta get it somewhere -brian may

i'll give you comfort brian XD
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

But, I am willing to bet that 90% of other pre-teens and barely-teens also believe that they are "SO WEIRD" and that no one could understand their taste.

Actually they don't seem to be able to understand my tastes - they vary quite a lot you know

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I completely agree, the majority of my friends like Queen, at least a little bit. I see people round college wearing Queen tshirts and such. Loads of young people like Queen and it doesn't make you 'weird' at all, I think it's just that people like to feel 'special' and 'different' so they declare themselves a social outcast.

I have to say I was surprised myself at how many people know Queen. When I was on a college trip to France, on the last night, when we had all drunk too much, loads of us started singing Bohemian Rhapsody at the top of our voices, and I was pleasantly surprised at how many people knew it completely.

Of course, there are also plenty of people who think Queen are crap, but from my experience most seem to like Queen, at least a tiny bit, anyway.

Elizabeth Knightson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember an small argument I had with my English teacher: he didn't appreciate Queen much and said they didn't deserve that success. Of course I told him the contrary.
Later that year, I had a talk with my philosophy teacher about art. He said art was objective and you could build a kind of hierarchy. I told him it was subjective, that you couldn't say someone had bad tastes if he didn't like the same things, and I used the argument I had with my English teacher as an example saying he was entitled to his opinion even if I disagreed with him.
The next day my English teacher came to me and said:
"Thanks to you I had an argument with the philosophy teacher who couldn't understand how I could not love Queen"
That made me smile (Sorry the story was a bit long)

Little Delilah
i'm going slight mad... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think that whilst there are young people out there that like queen it is very difficult to tell other people when you are that age as you leave yourself open to really hurtul comments along the lines of you must have aids! you mus be gay! kids are very cruel and its horrible to have to face that when you r completely unsure of yourself and who you are anyway (as most people are as a teenager). if you just go along with the rest of the crowd its much easier. they probably fell they are the only ones because they get so much negativity that te positive comments hardly seem worth noticing...

i'm not wierd i'm gifted
QUEENROCKS_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QUEENROCKS_1991
Bohemian: 260 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wear Queen top most time
I dont give a shit what people think
There people out there with worse clothing but do they care nah

I have seen people wearing elvis top too and so what up to them

:)
also it good for young people to like Queen mind you when people say who are they bet you they know but act a if they dont anyway they are big now with the biggest show ever all over We will rock you and the longest too

QUEEN ROCKS !!!
my daughter is doing stage show musical training for high school musical and Kids will rock you so good for the young ones ;)

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ummm. Queen are the 3rd most successful band of all-time and the 7th most successful overall artist. So, no surprises...those are just effects of their lasting popularity in Europe. =P

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Ella! Formerly known as the Metal Maiden user not visiting Queenzone.com
Um...hi.
Ella! Formerly known as the Metal Maiden
Royalty: 1009 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LIKE QUEEN!!!! And I'm not even 13 yet! And ppl think Queen are gay and that I'm weird :(.

I find it difficult to navigate QZ at this very moment.
Vincent. user not visiting Queenzone.com
What?
Vincent.
Deity: 2553 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A lot of my friends listen to Queen. If they don't, then they at least know who they are...Of course none of them are in LOVE with them, but they like them, at least a little. Some people DO criticize me and say they are gay, though. There's even one other guy in my class who has a Queen shirt, but I asked him a couple of songs he liked and he could only name two... :P OH well...I like them, and I'm young! WEEEEE! :D

+daydreamer+ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Queen... and so do a lot of my friends! I also have other friends who dislike them, and other friends who have never even heard of them before. But heck, I don't give a care if people think I'm weird because I like Queen and a lot of other old bands... in fact, I think they're jealous of my coolness. hah. =P

I actually feel sorry for kids my age who dislike/haven't heard Queen and such, because all they listen to is rap, punk, etc. Old music is just way better. All these new bands/artists are trying to be the best, and come out with the best songs, but they just can't do it, 'cause the best has already been done. Same thing with TV shows and such. =P

Alright, that's the end of my speech. =]

No sugar tonight in my coffee

No sugar tonight in my tea

No sugar to stand beside me

No sugar to run with me

The Guess Who = Love <3

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 07, 21:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, i personally don't really make a big deal about Queen at school. I'm a queen fan. That's all my school mates know. They don't know about my member "obsessions" or the extent I like queen to or anything. I wear Queen shirts and listen to Queen. The rest of it I keep to myself (and msn and queenzone). I know my school world doesn't give a flying fuck about the music I listen to.

Back whenever
Grapes user not visiting Queenzone.com
Grapes
Bohemian: 239 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 07, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I about get pummeled at school for liking 'old music' Because most people bum off rap music. Alex says hello. "HELLO" there we go. Tokeyflimshpip.

Not the brightest crayon in the box...
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 07, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color= white>NOTHING! wrote:

Who would like Queen - honestly?

EW!

your picture is....

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.