Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Have you seen this?

forum rss feed
Author

Gratzi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 594 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 May 07, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/cohen%20to%20play%20freddie%20mercury_1029992

'Known for the hugeness of my gong' - Roger
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 04 May 07, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now *this* is what we call 'rumours'. I hope the they're wrong, though. If the producers are:
a) sensible
b) artistically decent
c) sane enough to know what will lead to a box-office hit

Just one of the three should be enough to cast Depp.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 04 May 07, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

Now *this* is what we call 'rumours'. I hope the they're wrong, though. If the producers are:
a) sensible
b) artistically decent
c) sane enough to know what will lead to a box-office hit

Just one of the three should be enough to cast Depp.

Couldn't agree more. Don't think Cohen would be the worst idea, but i think Depp can do it better.

Killed by drones.
SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both of them make very poor Freddie Mercuries.

This is becoming sad like one of those Freddie imitators.

Do we have to fucking make a movie about every damn thing in life?? Why not let Freddie rest in peace.

I think we have enough footage, videos, articles about the REAL FREDDIE that we don't need a fucking movie.

Movies should be about Spider-Man ie comic book heroes, not real life heroes. There will be nothing worthwhile to see in such a movie.

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can see it now. Sacha Cohen as Freddie redoing the Live Aid scene, complete with arm band, jeans, and white shirt, miming, I repeat MIMING to Radio Gaga.

The Fairy King

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

I can see it now. Sacha Cohen as Freddie redoing the Live Aid scene, complete with arm band, jeans, and white shirt, miming, I repeat MIMING to Radio Gaga.

Many people do want to see a Queen/Freddie movie. The world doesn't evolve around you, i repeat DOESN'T evolve around you. :')

Killed by drones.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Movies should be about Spider-Man ie comic book heroes, not real life heroes. There will be nothing worthwhile to see in such a movie.

How boring would that be? To think that someone would rather inspire to see a comic book fantasy rather than a real life hero.

If DeNiro's company want to tell his story, bring it on? Freddie was a helluva character and would make a fascinating subject to work with.

Quite frankly, if I was given the choice to see just one film for the rest of the year, between spiderman and a Freddie film? As much as I like Spiderman, I'd find Freddie far more interesting.

Adam.

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Many people do want to see a Queen/Freddie movie. The world doesn't evolve around you, i repeat DOESN'T evolve around you. :')

Why?

If you really want to see a Queen/Freddie movie, then you are a sad person. Totally sad, brainwashed. Everything has to be in a movie form to be meaningful, right? You MUST be entertained!!

Pathetic. I am glad I am not brainwashed like you.

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Baboolal wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

How boring would that be? To think that someone would rather inspire to see a comic book fantasy rather than a real life hero.

If DeNiro's company want to tell his story, bring it on? Freddie was a helluva character and would make a fascinating subject to work with.

Quite frankly, if I was given the choice to see just one film for the rest of the year, between spiderman and a Freddie film? As much as I like Spiderman, I'd find Freddie far more interesting.

Adam.

How pathetic will you guys be sitting there in some cramped Movie Theatre, watching Sacha Cohen miming to Radio Gaga.

Do you really need to see this?

Is that Art? Is that entertainment?

The Fairy King

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Adam Baboolal wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Adam.

How pathetic will you guys be sitting there in some cramped Movie Theatre, watching Sacha Cohen miming to Radio Gaga.

No an empty movie about a comic soaking in special affects with zero story is art. Idiot.

Have you sene Philadelphia? That was art.
Have you seen Schindler's List? That was art. (to name a few)

Not about special effects but about real people who did exist with (guess what) ACTORS!

What do we have now? The Untold Story with some Panchghani-kid with overbite who acted like Freddie...didn't speak or sing a word...but made the story a tad believable.

Freddie was a very colorfull person with different sides. I would love to see someone do him justice in a decent flick about his life.

Nothing to do with entertainment...i'm just curious how they would portray him and i am very interested in the person that he was.

Killed by drones.

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Adam Baboolal wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Adam.

No an empty movie about a comic soaking in special affects with zero story is art. Idiot.

A spider-man movie is entertaining PRECISELY because we know it is a fantasy, and do not take it seriously.

That is what a movie should be. PURE ENTERTAINMENT.

Now, the idea of making a FREDDIE movie is not entertainment. It is an attempt to accurately portray the real Freddie Mercury.

This is not entertainment. This is at best, sad, and at its worst, deceitful.

Some things should not be made into movies. A Freddie movie is one of those things.

It's just in bad taste.

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will never see a Queen / Freddie movie. But I will definitely watch Spider-man 3. Can't wait. :)

The Fairy King

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dunno why you're all ranting about "entertainment". The guy was all about entertainment. :')

Killed by drones.

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dunno why you're all ranting about "entertainment". The guy was all about entertainment. :')

I am not ranting against Entertainment.

Freddie was entertaining yes. But a movie about him in which ACTORS pretend to be Freddie is NOT entertaining.

That you consider that to be entertaining, is really really sad.

goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's worse, watching a well-done Queen movie, or write Freddie-fantasy tripe?

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Freddie was entertaining yes. But a movie about him in which ACTORS pretend to be Freddie is NOT entertaining.

Hell, the guy is a legend. Making a movie about him is to keep his spirit alive. Of course the movie is not all entertainment, it's about his life in general. People wrote books about him: Is that also wrong in your eyes? And what about the Tribute Concert? That must be wrong too, then. Ever heard of a freakin' memorial? No matter in what format it is, the movie is a memorial too. But no, it's all waste of time and money, right?

Damn, woman, stop being so retarded.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goodco wrote:

What's worse, watching a well-done Queen movie, or write Freddie-fantasy tripe?

Both are incredibly bad. ;)

But these fan written fiction stories are entertaining because we know it's fiction. Never is there even a suggestion that the characterizations are authentic, and credible. Never.

That is very different from a bio-pic. Any bio-pic automatically is created to be taken very seriously. There's a very fine line between a bio-pic and a documentary. Almost instantaneously, a bio-pic is taken as TRUTHFUL characterizations. And this is where I have a problem with bio-pics.

Like I said, a Bio-pic especially one that centers around Freddie Mercury at best is sad, and at worst, deceitful.

Nothing more sad than seeing Sacha Cohen redoing the Live Aid scene, miming to Radio Gaga. Nothing.

The Fairy King

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

I said ABOUT not against. :')

Just cause you think it's sad that people would like to see more about Freddie's life doesn't me an it's a fact. It's a shame you call most of the Queen/Freddie fans "very very sad", because you have a problem with certain aspects of his life. It isn't entertainment, it's infotainment.

You're already judging before the actors have been cast. Now how sad is that? xD

Killed by drones.

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You do realize I'm a guy, right?

The Fairy King

Posted: 04 May 07, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

You do realize I'm a guy, right?

You act like a bitch, maybe that's why he made that misjudgement. :')

Killed by drones.