Forums > Personal > Pearl Jam to cover Queen songs?

forum rss feed
Author

Saif user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1109 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 May 07, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I read over 3-4 months ago on a Brazilian music site that Eddie Vedder was planning to cover some Queen songs for a Pearl Jam album. The article is down right now but it was on a site called omelete.com.br ... They do pretty bad covers, especially "Love Reign O'er Me" but I actually think Vedder could pull off "Crazy Little Thing Called Love"...lol ready Eddie. Does anyone know anything about it?

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment

Posted: 10 May 07, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*azzadude* wrote:

I think there cover of "last kiss" was darn good.

Hell yeah! It was #1 is Australia right? "Where oh where could my baby be, the lord took her away from me..."
Say, do you got MSN?

"only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms." - Treasure Moment
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 10 May 07, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*azzadude* wrote:

It's funny, but while the general public really liked that cover, the hardcore Pearl Jam fans loathed it.

I thought it was pretty good.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 10 May 07, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

*azzadude* wrote:

It's funny, but while the general public really liked that cover, the hardcore Pearl Jam fans loathed it.

I thought it was pretty good.

Yeah me too. But I haven't heard the original version. Pearl Jam version rules. I want them to cover Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Eddie Vedder is hot.

Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 13 May 07, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pearl Jam used to play a lot of covers during live concerts. I think Eddie Vedder has a very good voice and although he might not be exact like Freddie (no-one will) he should do a good job on singing Queen songs.

Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 14 May 07, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

random funny fact i noticed.

pearl jam technically covered theirselves. in temple of the dog (members from pearl jam) wrote a song called 'times of trouble' which was used again in "footsteps" on their lost dogs album

*nods*

same guitar!!!

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"