Forums > Personal > Looks like Jerry Falwell will kick the bucket soon.

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 May 07, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070515/ap_on_re_us/jerry_falwell

He's up for a big surprise!

He will start wondering why heaven smells a lot like sulfur, why the Pearly Gates are burning in flames, and why St. Peter has horns.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 15 May 07, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OOOPS! Looks like Satan added another one to his fine collection.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts

Posted: 15 May 07, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 15 May 07, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

He's up for a big surprise!

He will start wondering why heaven smells a lot like sulfur, why the Pearly Gates are burning in flames, and why St. Peter has horns.

I love this.

I guess we should feel badly. I mean it is another human life, you know. Interestingly, it only makes me think of all the others I'd like to see go right on his heels.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 15 May 07, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

- JERRY FALWELL: St. Peter, would you mind cranking up the AC a bit?
- SATAN: Dude, I'm not St. Peter. ...and nope, we ain't got AC around here.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 15 May 07, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are two kinds of people in the civilized world: critical thinkers and uncritical thinkers. Those on the uncritical side are the ones most likely to buy into his style of religion, so therefore Falwell's passing isn't a big deal, because there are plenty of people who will keep his belief systems in full vigour. Needless to say, the man contributed to the ignorance of the Christian right far more than we'd like to imagine.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 15 May 07, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

There are two kinds of people in the civilized world: critical thinkers and uncritical thinkers. Those on the uncritical side are the ones most likely to buy into his style of religion, so therefore Falwell's passing isn't a big deal, because there are plenty of people who will keep his belief systems in full vigour. Needless to say, the man contributed to the ignorance of the Christian right far more than we'd like to imagine.

Well said, Bob. And I agree completely.
Although...in my own sadistic way (and since I know I'm going to hell anyway LOL) I will admit it feels nice to have one less religious wack running around

Formerly MHG
sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 15 May 07, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ah nevermind. im sure someone else will mention it and get slaughtered....

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
Deacon Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
on vacation
Deacon Fan
Royalty: 1757 posts

Posted: 15 May 07, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never could stand this guy. Such a smug bastard and totally opposite the loving, caring spirit that his God stands for. Just my opinion though.

On the other hand, I believe we're about to lose Tammy Faye, whom many think of as only a big phony with lots of makeup but if you knew anything about her you'd realize how loving and genuine and open-minded she has been to ALL people. If there is a heaven, her place is secure IMO.

Of course Jerry's the one whole stole Jim & Tammy's ministries and fabricated a bunch of shit to make Jim seem much worse than he actually was. Tammy's only crime was standing by Jim and her former drug problem which she more than made up for later.

iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 15 May 07, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tammy's illness saddens me greatly
as i konw her

your right bunny-- she is a gem, very approachable, funny and kind

people i guess have a hard time over looking the makeup---thats all they see---

mr falwell--well i will take the 5th--i wont dance on anyone's grave---his legacy though is for all to see

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 16 May 07, 02:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CMU HistoryGirl wrote:

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Well said, Bob. And I agree completely.
Although...in my own sadistic way (and since I know I'm going to hell anyway LOL) I will admit it feels nice to have one less religious wack running around

Nah, you're not the only one. We all were thinking of it! We're just too busy trying to look diplomatic. :P

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 16 May 07, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aah, Jerry Falwell. To me he'll always be that guy who brutally outed Tinky Winky. Seriously, that's what I'll remember him for.

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 16 May 07, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

post 9/11 comments

JERRY FALWELL: And I agree totally with you that the Lord has protected us so wonderfully these 225 years. And since 1812, this is the first time that we've been attacked on our soil and by far the worst results. And I fear, as Donald Rumsfeld, the Secretary of Defense, said yesterday, that this is only the beginning. And with biological warfare available to these monsters - the Husseins, the Bin Ladens, the Arafats - what we saw on Tuesday, as terrible as it is, could be miniscule if, in fact - God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.

PAT ROBERTSON: Jerry, that's my feeling. I think we've just seen the antechamber to terror. We haven't even begun to see what they can do to the major population.

JERRY FALWELL: The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, yes.

JERRY FALWELL: And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad.

I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.

JERRY FALWELL: Pat, did you notice yesterday the ACLU, and all the Christ-haters, People For the American Way, NOW, etc. were totally disregarded by the Democrats and the Republicans in both houses of Congress as they went out on the steps and called out on to God in prayer and sang "God Bless America" and said "let the ACLU be hanged"? In other words, when the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we ought to be doing all the time - calling upon God.

PAT ROBERTSON: Amen

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 16 May 07, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's funny considering that one day Osama Bin Laden will join Jerry Falwell in hell.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 16 May 07, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just heard on the news that the daughter of Martin Luther King Jr. just died.

So here we have one "christian", and a true christian. One capitalizes on faith and uses religion as a tool to spread hatred, and the other one stands for what christianity is really all about.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 16 May 07, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You'll be sucking horny devil cock in no time, Jerry!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 16 May 07, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Just heard on the news that the daughter of Martin Luther King Jr. just died.

So here we have one "christian", and a true christian. One capitalizes on faith and uses religion as a tool to spread hatred, and the other one stands for what christianity is really all about.

And yet the one who was capitalizing on 'faith' believed his truth to be THE truth.

That's the problem with all of this. Who is right? Ole' Jer had his followers - very powerful indeed. And they believe, no, they KNOW they're right. So, who are you (or the rest of us who disagree with their extreme attitudes) to say they're not?

Their's is such an irrational belief system and yet it cannot be broken. Reminds me of the Scientology nuts. At least one of those nuts is finally gone.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 16 May 07, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems cool not having them around.

But without them, who do we make fun of?

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 16 May 07, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, it's been a while since we've had a good topical thread. Let me give another POV on Rev. Falwell.

He created the televanglist. Millions of people watch them now, it's big business and gives comfort to a lot of people, yes mostly our grandmothers, but still he meant something.

To dismiss his life as completely negative doesn't surprise me, especially here on QZ. But if you're gonna just slam the man, I find it disgusting.

You all slammed Imus, then Sharpton did basically the same thing three weeks later and not a mention.

Plus how can you completely hate a guy who said the teletubbies were gay. They are.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 16 May 07, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

To dismiss his life as completely negative doesn't surprise me, especially here on QZ.

Then let's start remembering the positive side of Jerry Falwell. Which includes donating to charity a small percentage of all the millions he received from all those idio.. err, I mean followers.
Hey! can't blame poor ol' Jerry, he had to make a living somehow, and he well deserved a mansion and yatch more than a starving kid in Africa deserved a food to eat.

Aside, from that... hmmm, well... he inspired that Genesis song 'Jesus He Knows Me', didn't he? Yep, there's another positive thing. We got to see Phil Collins do a bad southern accent on that video. Pretty funny stuff.