Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The Hitman

forum rss feed
Author

CD user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 137 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 May 07, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There has been a lot of talk about assassin. I was wondering is assassin a demo version of 'the hitman'.

DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 21 May 07, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a beginning demo of what would be Innuendo.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 22 May 07, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not.

It is said that "Assassin" (if it excists at all!) is a demo that is similar to Innuendo.

Similar to Innuendo doesn't mean it's a demo to Innuendo. Seaside Rendezvous is also similar to Lazing On a Sunday Afternoon. And Love Token is similar to Fat Bottomed Girls.

I doubtr that Assassin excists, and if it excists I seriously doubt it is similar to Innuendo. For all we know the 'demo'(?) starts with a drumroll or something.

There have been made many many many mistakes this way. For example someone heard Roger play a simple drum pattern in the soundcheck in Paris 2005 and posted on the internet that the band played One Vision in the soundcheck. While it was just Roger playing a simple drumpattern

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 22 May 07, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Niek, your English is usually better than mine but in this case... "existing" has nothing to do with "exciting" :-)

As for One Vision, I'm not sure if it's the right example. If I remember well, I did hear Queen rehearsing One Vision in Leipzig (or was that Munich?) and it wasn't just a simple drum pattern.

CD user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 137 posts

Posted: 22 May 07, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for all that information. Really appreciate it.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 22 May 07, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Martin, I always mix these two words up :-)

As for One Vision, I wasn't at Leipzig, so I can't judge, but I believe this also happened in Paris. Or at some other show I saw.

But what I was trying to say is that some stuff can be mixed up easily.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)