Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > 1974 - Ultimate collection (Part Two): Sheer Heart Attack

forum rss feed
Author

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4182 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Oct 04, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy: You are correct, I did not need to hear it to know that - and perhaps I was re-stating the obvious.

What I was trying to point out is - wouldn't it be NICE to hear the "unmixed version" of "Brighton Rock" in a more primitive, raw, stand-alone version which would hopefully echo a more live "feel".

I know that the safety masters have been kept - so there is no way that they could be seperated back into different "bits" from that tape (as a safety master is a copy of the finally mixed album).

However, if all the original tapes still survived - then this task would not be too difficult, but as this is not the case, then I suppose that by hearing this track - I can at least now imagine how "Brigton Rock" may have sounded without it.

(For me with no musical talent or imagination that is a great deal because those "whip cracks" last for a while well past just the opening bit - and the bit employed by Queen is much longer than I originally thought)".

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."