Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > "Killer Queen" origin

forum rss feed
Author

Daniel Nester user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daniel Nester
Bohemian: 780 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Aug 05, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw the documentary where the ex-boyfriend of Freddie's claimed "Killer Queen" was about him.

It's worth pointing out that in 1974-75, it's highly unlikely Freddie would have answered an interviewer with, "Well, Mr. Journalist, the song is about this man I'm fooling around with, since I'm just now realizing I'm gay, even though I'm still shacked up with my girlfriend Mary."

There's a also possibility that the lyrics were what people call a "metaphor" or "allusion" for this guy. It's also called an "in-joke."

Also: gay men often refer to other gay men, especially ones they are friendly with, with the feminine pronoun, i.e., "she."

There's also the possibility that Freddie said "Killer Queen" was about him to get this guy to into bed. I think the former boyfriend himself said it's quite possible he said to a lot of men!

Then again, if could be about high-class call girl, and Freddie just made shit up afterwards. That would require the least work.

God Save My Queen and God Save My Queen II | Soft Skull Press | http://www.danielnester.com